The Soviet Union collapsed 25 years ago, but the symbols of the Communist ideology are still haunting the former Soviet states. One of the things that keep reminding about the USSR are the abandoned monuments in many countries in Central and Eastern Europe that were part of the union.
We selected some of the most amazing and abandoned communist monuments in Europe that really are worth visiting.
1. Buzludzha Monument, Bulgaria
2. Kruševo Monument, Macedonia
3. Jasenovac, Croatia
4. Kolašin, Montenegro
5. Tjentište, Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. Mitrovica, Kosovo
7. Ilirska Bistrica, Slovenia
8. Podgarić, Croatia
9. Petrova Gora Monument, Croatia